

Our neighbor next door is a nice elderly gentleman with a very large garden. Since we've been our building the fence, he's started bringing us goodies from his garden. So far, he's brought us a head of lettuce and a big bag of raspberries - delicious, and so nice of him! We let the boys out on Saturday morning and they were so used to the leash and being told not to run away that they both just sat on the first step of the stairs until we let them back in. They seem to be getting the hang of it now, though:
I spent most of the day today painting the fence. I'm still covered by drops of white paint and not quite finished with the fence, but its getting there.
As for the second part of the title, last night, we were invited to dinner by John and Emilee Katzer. John is originally from Kansas, but has been up here in Wilton in the same program I'm in for the past 2 years. I met him a few years ago at a Deloitte Energy Conference and he has already been a big help providing advice during our house hunting trip and as we settle in up here. Also joining us were George and Nicole Fackler, Mindy Montgomery and Kristen Gunn, all of whom are either in the MDP program or have spouses who are. As many of you know, I'm the only MDP in my group starting this year, so it was so good to get the chance to meet so many people with whom we have so much in common. We're looking forward to getting to know them better and thinking about planning a dinner at our house sometime in the not-to-distant future!On the horizon for the upcoming week, a visit from Emily, Tommy's stepsister, on Tuesday and a trip to Washington DC at the end of the week. We'll keep you updated!
1 comment:
From inner city to a white picket fence! I love it, and you 2 make a great team! I know the little guys love their freedom, too.
Post a Comment