We finally slept in a little on Saturday morning and then headed east on I-95 to see some of Connecticut. We pulled off of the road in New Haven to drive around Yale, but didn't stop. Our first stop was a few miles East of New Haven at Bishop's Orchard. We picked out a pumpkin and mum to take home, ate some kettle corn and tried some very interesting fruit wines that they make at the Bishop's Orchard Vineyard. We took home a dry apple wine and a berry pie - Yum!

Next, we headed to another vineyard - Chamard, toured the vineyards and tasted some wines (of course!). Here are Mom and Dad at the Vineyard:
We continued on to Mystic - a cute little seaport town near the Rhode Island border. We arrived too late to visit the Seaport Museum, but drove around the town and stopped at a cute shopping center. I'm sure we'll be back later!
After a long day, we grabbed pizza at Frank Pepe's in Fairfield (white clam, of course!) and headed home to watch the Longhorns beat the Missouri Tigers. Could there be a better end to a great day? Hook 'Em! 
1 comment:
Such a beautiful day! Such a fun time. I am missing you guys so much already. We had a wonderful visit. I recommend a trip to the CT Mhire Hotel to anyone. Thanks for a greatl visit Audra and Tommy. Love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment