Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cupcakes!

I feel a little silly writing a whole blog entry about cupcakes, but these were some GOOD cupcakes!!


Earlier this week, Tommy and I were planning to go into the City this weekend and I decided I wanted to find the best cupcakes in NYC (I have tried Magnolia Bakery a few times and haven't been overly impressed). I settled on Crumbs (just click the link and you'll understand why!). Friday afternoon I was showing Tommy the website when I made a very dangerous discovery - they have a location right here in Stamford, on my way home from work, no less.

Obviously, we had to immediately head to the cupcake store. I got a Caramel Apple cupcake and a Devil Dog cupcake (chocolate cake witha hostess cupcake-like filling). They were both delicious! Of course they were sweet, but not as overly sweet as I was thinking they would be. Here are a couple of photos. Tommy took the very artistic one of the Devil Dog cupcake!

What flavor should I try next?!?

2 comments:

Steffens Family said...

Yum - I vote for the vanilla chocolate sprinkle and the vanilla coconut!

Anonymous said...

Okay - I am going to give you a three-way choice. You would probably like the raspberry swirl (and maybe Tommy could eat some). I would pick the caramel swirl, but you can't go wrong with carrot! Wish I could share with you. Love, Mommie Dearest