Tuesday, August 25, 2009

27 Weeks

Last week, I had my 27 week doctor's appointment - 27 weeks and 2 days, to be exact. Most of the appointment was not fun - I had to drink the infamous horrible sugary orange drink for the glucose test (tests for gestational diabetes). It didn't taste as awful as I had prepared myself for, but I had to drink it much faster than I'm used to drinking, so I didn't feel great afterwards. After an hour, they drew blood and gave me a Rhogam shot because I have a negative blood type.

(in case you are interested in the results, I passed the glucose test. Thank goodness! I don't know what this carb-loving sweet tooth would have done if I would have had to limit my diet so drastically. However, I did find out that I am anemic, so I'm now taking 2 iron pills every day. I think I can handle that!)

Because the doctor thought I looked small at my last appointment, we did get another ultrasound this time. Baby Jack looks great! Right on target at 2 pounds, 6 ounces. I didn't even know our office had the capability, but they gave us a 3D ultrasound picture this time. Once again, he wouldn't completely cooperate, but I still love the picture:I can't believe I start my third trimester tomorrow. Time is flying! The nursery is almost ready - I'll post pictures soon. If we can just find a daycare, I'll feel much better about everything. Less than 3 months to go - WOW. I can't wait to meet you, baby Jack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet your beautiful son! Grandma wants to get her hands on him. It just won't be long now - it will go by fast. Love, Mommie Dearest