Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fun Times in Boerne

After loading up the car and visiting Catherine's beautiful new house, Mom, Katy, Evan and I made a late night drive from Houston to Boerne, check engine light on and all, stopping at Sonic for dinner and a yummy cherry limeade. Finally, I got to see my dad and meet Riley, the new family dog. Riley is a really sweet, but extremely timid puppy. She has definitely been through some scary times before arriving at my parents' home. By the time we were ready to leave, I think that she was starting to warm up to Katy and I. I know that my parents will be able to help her learn to be less timid around strangers and understand that most people are not mean or scary and just want to love and play with her.

We had a wonderful relaxing week, shopping, hanging around the house and playing with Evan. I even taught him to say "Jack!" in antipation of his new cousin. I'm afraid I may have confused him a little, because he started to rub his tummy, just like Aunt Audra did when she talked about baby Jack :)! Here are some highlights of the week:

Mother/Daughter pedicures:

Lunch at Freebirds:

Wonderful home cooking, including dad's yummy homemade ice cream, and Ian's biscuit recipe for breakfast. It's a good thing I'm "eating for 2!"

Katy and Evan left on Thursday before the sun came up (Aunt Audra stayed in bed). We spent Thursday digging through old boxes - I actually got rid of some things much to Dad's delight, stopping by the University Co-op in San Antonio for some more Longhorn duds for Jack and a burnt orange maternity shirt for me, seeing the movie Julie and Julia (cute!), and eating some yummy fajitas with homemade tortillas at one of Mom and Dad's favorite San Antonio Mexican restaurants.

On Friday, it was time for me to head back to the airport in Houston. We shipped back 2 boxes, returned a few larger items to re-purchase in Connecticut, I had a giant carry-on and I still had to take one thing out of my suitcase to hit the 50 pound limit. I told you baby Jack is spoiled already! I had such a wonderful time back in Texas and miss Mom, Dad and everyone else already! I can't believe in less than 3 months they will be up here in Connecticut and we will all get to finally meet baby Jack. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had fun didn't we? More fun to be had in Connecticut in just a couple of months. I love you. Mommie Dearest