They arrived on Thursday night before Labor Day and Tommy and I took Friday off of work and we all headed into NYC. Tom and Greta wanted to get a feel for the city, so we decided that the best way to do that was to take a double-decker bus tour of midtown and downtown. Tommy and I have never taken one and I think the consensus was that it turned out to be a great way to get an overview of the city and appreciate the interesting and varied architecture that you may miss walking down the street.




We finished the night with some pizza at Colony Grill back in Stamford - Yummy!
I was completely worn out on Saturday after Thursday at the US Open and Friday touring the City, so Tommy took his Dad and Greta to Stew Leonard's where they picked up some lobster rolls and steak to have later in the week. Early Saturday afternoon, we headed back into the NYC for dinner. Before dinner, we stopped by Central Park for a carriage ride. Our carriage driver was definitely a character, who spewed all kinds of facts and jokes almost faster than we could comprehend! Here are a couple of photos:
We finished the night with some pizza at Colony Grill back in Stamford - Yummy!
I was completely worn out on Saturday after Thursday at the US Open and Friday touring the City, so Tommy took his Dad and Greta to Stew Leonard's where they picked up some lobster rolls and steak to have later in the week. Early Saturday afternoon, we headed back into the NYC for dinner. Before dinner, we stopped by Central Park for a carriage ride. Our carriage driver was definitely a character, who spewed all kinds of facts and jokes almost faster than we could comprehend! Here are a couple of photos:
What a fun night!
1 comment:
So much fun. We need to get your dad to do more of the touristy stuff! I also would like to check out some of the museums. I wish I had been there with you! Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment