Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My First Mother's Day

I'm a Mom.  Having just been a mother for almost exactly 6 months, that concept is still new, and at times a little strange to me.  It's an amazing responsibility that often overwhelms me yet fills me with so much joy!

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day, and I can't believe I didn't take one picture.  Oops!  I'll have to document it in words the best I can. 

Tommy took care of Jack when he woke up in the morning and let me sleep in a little.  Around noon, I headed to the Stamford train station to meet my friend Mindy and a few of her other friends and head into NYC to see my final Broadway show (for a while, anyway).  First, we stopped at Victor's Cafe, a Cuban restaurant on 57th and 8th for brunch.  I had a salad with pears and manchego cheese, yummy fried plantains and a sangria.  Here's a picture of the restaurant:
We saw a matinee show of Promises, Promises.  It recently re-opened on Broadway, but is a revival of the 1970's musical based on a book by Neil Simon with music by Burt Bacharach. 
 
This version of the romantic comedy stars Sean Hayes from Will and Grace and Kristin Chenoweth, who played the original Glinda in Wicked on Broadway.  Sean Hayes was very entertaining, and Kristin Chenoweth is absolutely amazing and talented.  A very cute show!
 
We headed back to Stamford after the show.  Tommy and Jack had been to the grocery store while I was gone, and had also done some painting.  Tommy made my a yummy cheese fondue dinner with cherries and chocolate ice cream for dessert and even bought me some mini chocolate croissants for breakfast on Monday morning.  My talented little artist made this for me:
 
(in case you didn't notice, the A's, M's and E's are little hands and feet!)

It meant so much that my boys took so much care to make my first Mother's Day so special for me.  Every day, I love them even more, if that's possible.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day! I did, too, and I LOVE the foot art sweet little Jack made for me!