Monday, September 6, 2010

Lately...

Yet again, I've managed to fall behind in my blogging - mostly because we haven't gotten photos taken off our cameras or sent from friends who took them when our camera wasn't handy.  I still don't have them all, so I may have to add later, but I didn't want to fall too far behind.

A few weeks ago, our friends Travis and Chrissy (Austin's little brother and his wife) were in town visiting from Houston.  We're so excited that Jack finally got to meet their little girl, Sierra.  Sierra is only 3 weeks older than Jack and Chrissy and I have been trading stories about them since we were pregnant, so it was great that they finally got to meet, even if only briefly for brunch.  Travis and Chrissy brought their dog, Zoe, so with three little dogs and 2 almost-walkers, the floor was a pretty active place at our house that morning.  Jack and Sierra crawled all over, and we even attempted to take some pictures of the 2 of them in their Texas Longhorn finery.  Travis was the photographer, so I'm hoping to share a few of those as soon as he takes them off his camera and works his photo magic!
Last weekend, Poppy and Gigi stopped over for a night on their way back to Louisiana from Waco.  We wish they could've stayed longer, but Jack had a great time reading books and plaing horsey with Poppy and walking around and singing with Gigi.  We hope to see them again very soon!
We had yet another speedy visit from grandparents this weekend,  Nana and Papa made the trip to DFW for the Labor Day weekend.  They had planned to stop by Frisco on Saturday, but due to Papa's unexpected trip to the hospital on Friday night, we decided to head to Brandi and Ryan's house in Fort Worth instead.  Thank goodness, Papa is doing well now and we spent the afternoon eating barbecue and playing with cousin Lincoln's toys.  We're so glad you're okay, Papa - it was great to see you and Nana!
(The boys played together)
(Jack played with a watering can) 
 (and Lincoln ran around with a bucket on his head - funny guys!)
Today we had a fun lunch with an old friend.  My friend, Pam lived down the street from me in high school in Houston and was one of the first people I met when I moved to Houston.  Now, she, her husband Kevin and adorable 2-year-old daughter, Reese, live right down the road from us in Plano, another Dallas suburb.  We had a great lunch at Gordon Biersch and stopped by Paciugo for some ice cream afterwards.  I hadn't seen Pam since her wedding almost 10 years ago, so it was really great to catch up and get to know Kevin and meet sweet little Reese.  I'm sure we'll be seeing them again soon!
We got Jack a ball at the store today and he actually played catch with Mommy and Daddy for a while - the first time I've ever seen him throw a ball:
 Finally, last month's theme at daycare was outer space.  Look at all of Jack's fabulous artwork!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much information and so many cute pictures. All of it sounds like a lot of fun. Jack is growing up fast. It is so nice that you can keep in touch with old friends. There is nothing like them. Love, Mommie Dearest

Pamela Perkins said...

I love your blog. So good to see you all last weekend and we LOVED meeting baby Jack. How cool that you are back in Texas and so close to us now !

Kathryn said...

Thank you so much for making the drive to see us last weekend. I can't believe how fast Jack's growing and how well he crawls. The world's a fun place for him to explore.

Yeah! A good picture of us with both boys! :)