Well, we didn't chop down our own tree this year like we did when we lived in Connecticut, but we still bought a live Christmas tree, just like we have each year we've been together. Tommy tried to talk me out of it this year - he said we didn't need a tree this year since we'd be gone for a couple of weeks around Christmas. I won out on this one, though. I just can't imagine Christmas without a tree in the house. We picked out a small, but beautifully-shaped tree and but it upstairs on the balcony overlooking the living room. We trimmed the banisters with lighted garland and I really like the way it turned out!
Jack had fun helping to unpack all the decorations:
While Jack was unpacking, I hung the tinsel and ornaments:While Tommy wrapped the tinsel around the banister:
Jack briefly tried to help decorate the tree. This mostly involved him grabbing an ornament, yelling "ball" and stubbornly whining when I tried to help him hang it on the tree. Needless to say, Jack didn't hang too many ornaments this year. Maybe next year!







1 comment:
At Jack's age, of course he is better at UN-hanging the ornaments than hanging them. They just all look so interesting!! Glad you got in the Christmas spirit even though you were on the road for the actual day. Love you. Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment