Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Wonderful Hill Country Wedding

As I mentioned in my last post, regardless of how busy my busy season may have been, I wouldn't have missed Jeff and Sarah's wedding for anything.  Tommy, Jack, and I headed to Austin early Friday afternoon on the last weekend in February.  I had my computer in my lap on the way to and from Austin and for a few hours in the hotel room, but that's all I'll say about work - I have a beautiful wedding to talk about!

Of course, we hit Austin right in the middle of Friday rush hour traffic and I was afraid we might not make it in time for the rehearsal dinner.  Fortunately, we arrived at the Omni Austin Southpark just in time to change clothes and head downstairs to dinner.  Mrs. Broome planned a lovely evening and the little touches she thought of, right down to goldfish crackers in Jack's favor bag instead of chocolates, made everyone feel as if she thought of them all individually while planning.  Dinner and toasts didn't finish until after 10pm and I was afraid that Jack would have melted into full tantrum mode by then, but he was a happy guy, playing with Logan Broome (who we finally got to meet!) and all the extra favor bags in the back of the room.  Everyone commented on how good he was - he sure had them fooled!

We got a late start on Saturday morning (even Jack slept until 9), but as soon as we got up, of course, we headed to Trudy's for brunch.  As usual, Tommy had migas and a bloody mary, while I branched out and had some delicious cinnamon pecan french toast.  Any hope I had of Jack eating anything healthly went right out the door the minute I made the unfortunate mistake of giving him a bite of my meal.  Oh well, I don't blame him, it was yummy.

After a little bit of rest at the hotel, it was finally time to get ready for the big event.  Since it was such a special occasion, we dressed Jack in his first ever suit, complete with a vest and tie.  Even if I am his mother, I must admit he looked adorable.  Tommy was serving as an usher, so Jack and I had a little time at the pre-wedding cocktail hour to relax with Grandma and Grandpa, who made the trip up from Boerne for the wedding.  Here are a couple of photos:
(Mommy and handsome Jack) 
 (hanging out with Grandpa)
 (...and Grandma)
 (finally, a quick one of Tommy and I before the ceremony began)
(thanks to Grandpa for hanging out with Jack before, after, and especially during the cermony!)

The wedding venue was beautiful, the Vista West Ranch in Dripping Springs, Texas.  Although the morning had been a little dreary and cloudy, the clouds parted just in time for the ceremony and a beautiful sunset over the hill country.  The cermony was so real and genuine, you could just tell you were seeing two people madly in love.  Congrats, guys!
From there, we moved inside for dinner and dancing.  The food was delicious - I especially loved the homemade salsa and tamales made by Sarah's grandmothers - such a personal touch.  Jack loved his chicken fingers, complete with ketchup:
Tommy got some really good pictures of many of our friends who were at the wedding - here are the ones that actually came out:
 (Jonathan and Caroline)
 (Bryan and Allison)
 (Chris and Courtney)
( Jeff's brother Matt and his wife, Lee-Ann)
 (Jeff's youngest brother, Chris, and girlfriend, Melissa - these 2 both caught the garter and bouquet - do we have another wedding to look forward to.....?)
 (the ever-cool Greg Clark)
 I love this picture - very "Michael."  He was missing Kara and Liam, who were under the weather and couldn't make it.  We missed them, too.  I was so looking forward to finally meeting little Liam and seeing Kara again.  Soon, hopefully!

Then, of course, it was time for dancing - don't they look blissfully happy!?!
 The beautiful bride and her father....
 Jeff and his wonderful Mom - you could just feel the love she has for all of her sons, especially Jeff on this night.  Yes, I cried.
After that, the dancing began.  Despite the late hour, Jack was a dancing machine!  I wish I had video, or at least pictures because it was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.  Needless to say, he passed out in the car on the way home as soon as he touched the carseat.  We had a wonderful night.

(for anyone who might be interested, we have a few more photos here)

Congratulations Sarah and Jeff!  We are so happy we could be there to share this day with you!  We love you guys!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your great pictures brought back wonderful memories. We were so glad that we could be there. Jeff is very special to us. Sarah is adorable. It was a whole lot of fun. Love, Mommie Dearest

Kathryn said...

So happy for Jeff and Sarah! It was wonderful seeing everyone again in these photos!