I was really excited to be back in Texas for bluebonnet season this year - and to learn that there was a beautiful bluebonnet field just 10 minutes from our house! I had visions of my darling boy sitting among the flowers, smiling demurely...but then I remembered I have an 18 month old boy. Our photo shoot involved us chasing Jack around the field, trying to snap a photo here or there when he happened to look up.
Nope, not looking up...
Almost...
A little too far up...
OK, but where's the smile??
Finally - Mama's favorite picture!
One Saturday afternoon in April, we met Aunt Brandi and cousin Lincoln at the Fort Worth Zoo. What a great zoo! Jack had been to a zoo before in Bridgeport, CT, but he was only a few months old, so this was his first time to really notice the animals. I think the monkeys and turtles were his favorites, but he liked pretty much everything, with the exception of the white tiger and the robotic triceratops. The white tiger was walking back and forth right next to the observation window, a little too close for comfort, and who wouldn't be afraid of a giant triceratops outside of a cage that suddenly started to move and growl!
Here are a couple of my favorite photos of the day:
Tommy also took some pretty cool photos of the animals:
Finally, we took another weekend trip down to the Dallas Arboretum when the spring flowers were in full bloom. I can't believe we lived so close to the arboretum before we moved to Connecticut, but never made it there. It was beautiful, and such a nice way to spend a spring afternoon! (sorry about the number of pictures, I couldn't narrow it down!)
Smelling the flowers...
Mommy and Jack...Such a big boy!
Father and Son...
Cute boy!
Such a beautiful day in Dallas!




















2 comments:
Wow! I was so exited when I clicked on your blog this morning and there was a NEW entry! Yea. The pictures are wonderful. It's hard to decide on a favorite but of course I am partial to the one of you and Jack in the bluebonnets. Keep those entries coming now that work has settled down a bit. Love, Mommie Dearest
I love all the photos. You can't post too many. Jack gets cuter by the minute!
Post a Comment