I'm a huge fan of the Dallas Arboretum. No matter the time of year, it is always such a beautiful place! Since the weather is still so beautiful in Texas in October, I was really excited about packing up a picnic lunch to eat on the Arbotetum lawn and checking out their fall flowers and Halloween displays.
We started out with the picnic, which involved a little eating and a lot of chasing Jack around one of the arboretum lawns.
![]() |
| He actually did sit and eat for a few minutes! |
![]() |
| I managed to get a picture of Tommy, who almost always has the camera |
![]() |
| A lot more running took place than eating... |
After lunch, we walked around the grounds and checked out the pumpkin patch. There were hundreds of pumpkins scattered all around the grounds. Jack was very interested in touching each one...
There was one main pumpkin patch, with all sorts of houses built from pumpkins, a hay maze, and of course pumpkins to pick out and take home. Jack seemed to enjoy riding the pumpkins:
Mommy and Jack inside of one of the pumpkin houses:
My little boy looks lost in thought here. I wonder what he's thinking??
I never think we end up with enough family pictures - somehow, we always seem to forget to get a picture of the whole family. I'm so glad we got a good one this time!!
We had a wonderful afternoon!
P.S. I LOVE the State Fair of Texas and try to go every year. This year, after one aborted attempt (poor sick Jack threw up in the car in the State Fair parking lot so we didn't even make it through the gate), we did manage to make it the following weekend. I must say the fair isn't quite the same without eating a famous Fletcher's Corny Dog, but I did discover the delicious fried cheesecake to ease my pain :). Tommy tried the Corny Dog for the first time ever and had to admit that it is one delicious corn dog! Our time was probably cut a little short this year by a tired pregnant lady, but Jack really enjoyed petting the animals in the petting zoo and watching the horse show. Sadly, this was the only picture we got:
P.S. I LOVE the State Fair of Texas and try to go every year. This year, after one aborted attempt (poor sick Jack threw up in the car in the State Fair parking lot so we didn't even make it through the gate), we did manage to make it the following weekend. I must say the fair isn't quite the same without eating a famous Fletcher's Corny Dog, but I did discover the delicious fried cheesecake to ease my pain :). Tommy tried the Corny Dog for the first time ever and had to admit that it is one delicious corn dog! Our time was probably cut a little short this year by a tired pregnant lady, but Jack really enjoyed petting the animals in the petting zoo and watching the horse show. Sadly, this was the only picture we got:









1 comment:
Looks like a fun fall day. Jack seemed to enjoy it all. Really would like to see some fall weather NOW! Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment