Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Two Months Old and Fun on the Fourth!

July 2012
 
So Olivia is now 2 whole months old and already, Mommy and Daddy both think she's a superstar.  As I mentioned, she's even been regularly giving us 6-7 hours of blissful sleep at night, which was wonderful, and much needed.  Those elusive smiles were becoming more frequent, as were the gurgles and giggles of a little baby finding its voice for the first time.  Jack was really proud of his little sister and couldn't wait to show her off to anyone, friend or stranger - he certainly isn't a shy one!  I was a little more than halfway through my maternity leave and trying my best to soak in and enjoy each moment and each cuddle.
 
Olivia's 2-month appointment was on July the 2nd.  The first picture below is from the day of her two month and the second at about one month and I know the first is take from significantly closer, but doesn't it look like she's grown so much!
 

Her 2 month stats at the doctor visit were great - her height and weight stayed right on track since her one month appointment, but unlike her brother and cousins, she has a very petite little head.  We still think she's going to be a genius, though, just like all the boys!  Here are her stats:
 
Height - 23 inches - 75th percentile
Weight - 10 pounds, 9 ounces - 50th percentile
Head - 15 inches - 35th percentile
 
All of the shots tired out this poor baby - here she is curled up in a blanket on the sofa after the big appointment: 
Unfortuntately, it seems that with 2 kids in hand, the camera is something that is less frequently in ours.  We had a great time at Tom and Jen's house on the 4th of July swimming in the pool and enjoying time with friends and some delicious food.  Fortunately, we did manage to snap this one photo of the kiddos in their 4th of July finery:
Those who know me well know that I love my fireworks.  With Jack being so little, we hadn't gotten to catch a fireworks show since he had been born, and I didn't think we would get to watch one this year, either.  We left Tom and Jen's house just in time to see all of the fireworks shows happening around Dallas light up the horizon on our way home.  We also happened to be pulling in to Frisco just in time for the big fireworks show at the FC Dallas stadium.  After a sufficient amount of nagging from me, Tommy pulled our car over near the stadium and we watched the show from the back of our car.  Jack thought it was pretty cool, until the show neared its end and the pops got louder and more frequent.  I was determined to see the end of the show, so I watched outside while tired Jack whined in his carseat and Olivia slept away in hers.  Perhaps not the most relaxing fireworks display ever, but I remember watching them every hear with my family, so it just doesn't feel like the 4th without them.  Hopefully one day that will be a tradition in our family as well - just not quite yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's a growing girl! Hope that your kids get to like the fireworks. Katy used to hate them and I think that she likes them now so there is hope. Love, Mommie Dearest