March 2014
As I mentioned in my last post, from Austin, we headed to Boerne to spend a couple of days with Grandma and Grandpa. It was late on Sunday night when we arrived, but that didn't stop Grandpa and Jack from getting themselves some ice cream for dessert:
Unfortunately, we only had one full day in Boerne before we had to head back to Frisco, but it was really nice not to have any big plans and just spend the day hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa. We pulled a lot of my old games out of the game cabinet, including the old favorites Hungry Hippos and Ants in the Pants. We did go on one outing. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I had never taken my kids to the public library. We read every night and they love their books, but we've never actually been to the library. Well, Grandma volunteers at the Boerne Public Library, so she knew she had to change that!They had a great time at the library. I forget the maximum number of books you could check out, but I think we had to put a few back to be at that limit. It took a little while to pick out the perfect ones - and we had to stop and read a few along the way:
There was also a little area with letter magnets and these gear magnets - we spent quite a while there too, spelling our names and making the gears move.
Grandma also let them each pick out a movie. Grandpa and Jack shared some of Grandma's famous chocolate chip cookies over one of them. They really bonded over their desserts!We headed back to Dallas on Tuesday around noon. I wish we could've stayed longer, but we had a really nice trip. The drive home was pretty uneventful - we stopped for some snacks at Buc-ees and watched Frozen a couple of times. Jack loves to sing along, especially to "Let It Go" and "Do You Want to Build a Snowman." Did you know that they play "Let It Go" in 4 different languages at the end of the DVD? Yep, they do - English, Spanish, Italian, and Malaysian. Jack tried to sing along to every one. I tried to take a video with my phone, but I soon realized that it wasn't so smart to try to video the backseat while driving 75 MPH on 1-35. It was pretty cute. Sweet boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment