I looked back on the photos we took in the summer and there were a few activities and events of which we took a lot of photos and that definitely needed their own, separate blog entry. Scattered throughout those pictures, as usual, were everyday pictures - fun times spent with friends and family that I don't want to forget or overlook as my kids get bigger. They aren't always the best, most professional photos, but they make me smile....
First, we celebrated Mother's Day. Our celebration was low-key, as most of our celebrations tend to be. I got a lovely Sunday morning to sleep in and eat a delicious breakfast. On Friday before Mother's Day, Kids 'R Kids had "Muffins for Moms" before school. They had the lunchroom decorated in lovely Tiffany blue and flowers and some yummy muffins and juice. Here we are enjoying our breakfast:
Livi had several muffins, and glasses of juice - and apparently was searching her glass for more!
I love my guy and his crooked smile!
Each of them made me a beautiful card at school. Livi's had this sweet poem and her handprints:
Jack's teacher took his picture holding a bouquet of flowers in front of an "I Love You Mom" sign.
On the inside of the card, he traced his hands, colored them, and added why he loves me, in his own words. Apparently, I give good hugs!As I mentioned, this is a post of randomness. Little Miss Livi has a fashion sense that is all her own. She watched a whole episode of Bubble Guppies on our bed with in a pink party hat and one of Jack's crocs. I couldn't resist capturing the cuteness!
Gigi came to visit for a few days. I got to have a nice sushi lunch with her. We also had a fun dinner with the kids on the night she arrived at Pizzeria Testa - a wonderful, authentic pizza place in Frisco square. I wasn't sure how kid-friendly it would be, but we had a great meal. Gigi was in grand-kid heaven:
And the kids were in heaven eating the Nutella pizza for dessert:
I love this one of Jack with his Gigi - I think she enjoyed the dessert, too!Poppy stayed overnight with us on the way to bring one of Hattie and Buck's puppies to its forever home. He got lots of cuddles, too!
Father's Day happened, too. They celebrated at school with "Donuts for Dads," but since I was not in attendance, they just enjoyed donuts rather than posing for pictures. :) Jack and Olivia also made Daddy some amazing artwork. This time, Livi used her hands, rather than her feet and blue instead of pink:
And Jack used his handprints to make this fancy bow tie:
One evening, I decided to pull out Grandma's famous chocolate chip cookie recipe. As you can see, the kids couldn't wait for them to come out of the oven:
They enjoyed warm cookies after their bath - they couldn't even wait long enough to get dried off and put on their PJs:Of course, it wouldn't be summer in Texas without pool time. I'll have a separate post all about swim lessons later, but we also got in plenty of practice at the neighborhood pool.
Jack was tall enough to touch in the shallow end for the first time, and spent most of his time swimming back and forth from corner to corner of a 10-foot-square area. We brought his water gun once, but he didn't do much swimming when the water gun was present:
Livi took swimming lessons for the first time and really enjoyed the water. Most of the time, we put her in her floaties and just let her kick around:
We only have one photo to mark a really big occasion. On June 12th, Tommy and I celebrated our 10th anniversary! While it is hard to believe that it has been 10 years already, it is even harder to imagine my life without my husband. We support each other, complement each other and are truly best friends. I don't stop to appreciate it nearly enough, but I really am a lucky gal!
We were headed to Oklahoma to celebrate my cousin Courtney's wedding the day after our anniversary (more on that later, too), so we were lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa in town to babysit. We went out for a delicious dinner at Neighborhood Services, but our big celebration wouldn't happen for a few months. More to come, I promise!!
When we don't have a soccer game, most weekend mornings are spent just hanging around the house and playing. One morning, Daddy and Jack had fun with the Ninja Turtles:
And another morning, they used our seldom used Costco foam blocks to build an elaborate building - Jack was so proud - I love watching my two guys play together!
Stay tuned for more summer adventures!
2 comments:
You come from a long line of good huggers. Don't know why you were surprised. I love these pictures of life and the people in your kids' lives. Just shows that every day is a day to be treasured. Love, Mommie Dearest
I think the "everyday" photos are the best ones. These are great! My favorite is the one with both of your little sweeties peeking in the oven. Love all of the kids' cards, too!
Post a Comment