Monday, August 11, 2008

Lots of Little Things

I never have anything to write during the week (I went to work, reviewed documents, ate dinner, watched some TV, went to bed - Tommy walked downstairs to the computer, worked, watered the lawn, ate dinner, played computer games, went to bed....repeat....), but we normally try to get out and do a few things on the weekends. Here's what happened this past week:

1. Tommy's new desk arrived. He had it put together and set up before I got home from work. While I thought he did a good job constructing his old desk, this one is a big improvement, don't you think?

Now if we just had some bookshelves for the study, we could finally unpack the rest of the boxes in the study closet!

2. My elliptical machine has also arrived. It is set up on the other side of the 3rd floor than the media center. Tommy and I have each tried it once - and both realized how out of shape we were. Hopefully this will help. Unfortunately, only 3/4 of Tommy's Bowflex has arrived - the final box was broken in transit and had to be returned :( Hopefully we'll get it this week.


3. We tried a new sushi place in Westport on Friday, Tengda. The sushi was good, but I think I still like Kazu better. Tommy likes the non-sushi offerings better at Tengda though, so we will probably go back again.

4. After watching Olympics all day, we had our second "movie and wings" night on Saturday night. This time we saw The Dark Knight. It was amazing - I highly recommend it. Most of the time, I watched the Joker peeking through my hands that were covering my eyes, but that's really a testament to the wonderful performance of Heath Ledger.

5. I had to work a little on Sunday, so it wasn't very exciting. We ran a few errands and checked out a new gourmet market we saw on Friday in Westport, Balducci's. We were excited to actually find crawfish. Of course, we bought some and stored it in our freezer for whenever we're craving etouffee. We made chicken and apple crepes for dinner. Yum!!

I'm headed to Seattle to visit Evan (and Katy and Ian) on Wednesday of this week and I have training down in Austin on Monday through Wednesday of the following week (dinner on Tuesday at Trudy's with Mom and Dad!), so give Tommy a call if you get the chance. He swears he could play World of Warcraft the whole time I'm gone, but I still think he could use some company - even if it is by phone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The desk looks great! Hope you have a safe trip to Washington. You may find out, as I have in the past with other pieces of exercise equipment that it won't do a thing for you unless you actually use it. Hope you are scoping out a lot of neat restaurants for our Oct. visit! Love, Mommie Dearest