Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Broomes visit New York!

Tommy and I spent a fun day on Sunday in New York City visiting with the Broome family. They made the trip from Houston to NYC for the long Labor Day weekend, so we joined them in the city for the day on Sunday. While they were on a Harbor Cruise in the morning, Tommy and I took the time to do some sightseeing of our own.

The Brooklyn Bridge:

Battery Park:


We met the Broomes at Ground Zero, then went and grabbed a snack/drink with Jeff while the rest of his family shopped 5th Ave. We all met up again for dinner later in the evening. My friend, Turner who lives in NYC recommended a place called Cafeteria - trendy comfort food in Chelsea made famous by the gals of Sex and the City. My mac 'n cheese and pear martini were delicious (thanks for dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Broome!). Here's the whole bunch at dinner:

Adam Rio was even able to join us for a bite:
We finished off the night with some yummy cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery - a wonderful day! We miss you guys already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I commented earlier (Oh, well. . ) - I just thought that it looked like a lot of fun and I couldn't wait to see New York! It won't be long. . .Love, Mommie Dearest