Sunday, September 14, 2008

More time in the City

It seems like most of our posts lately have been about our trips into New York City. Unfortuately, this one won't be much different (stay tuned - we just got back from a weekend trip to Newport, Rhode Island). This past week, I had training in New York from Monday through Wednesday. There wasn't anything particularly special about this training, other than the fact that it is normally reserved for Senior Managers and Partners, but as a National Office Manager, I get to go too, but the location made it fun! We stayed at the Millenium Broadway and I had a view of Times Square from my hotel room window!

After training on Monday, I went shopping with a couple of other girls from the Wilton office, Mindy and Shannon. We didn't go anywhere exciting, but I did get a cute sweater and pair of flats at Ann Taylor Loft. While we were out, we walked past the tents set up in Bryant Park for Fashion Week. One of the shows was letting out and there were a bunch of people with cameras, but we didn't have any star sightings :( For dinner, we ate sushi at Haru Sushi, right off of Broadway near Times Square - good sushi and a great atmosphere:


There were a few other people at this training from my SEC Services group in Wilton, so we made reservations at Buddakan, a trendy restaurant in the Meatpacking District of NYC. I must admit, I don't think our group of accountants contributed to the "trendiness" of the restaurant, but the food was delicious - fancy chinese fusion food served family style, so we all got to try lots of different things!

Last weekend, the last box of our Bowflex FINALLY arrived, so Tommy put that together and has been getting in some exercise (in between computer games :) ) while I have been gone. The Bowflex required quite a bit of assembly and it didn't seem to take Tommy long at all. Here's the finished product:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Newport looked wonderful. I wonder if Breakers was anything like Biltmore. Those Vanderbilts really knew how to live it up! I guess Tommy is off to Maine with Greg. Call if you get lonely. We got back last night about 11:30. Love, Mom