Sunday was Tommy's 31st birthday. We began the celebration early on Saturday night with dinner at Capital Grille, a steak restaurant here in Stamford. We've eaten at the Capital Grille locations in Dallas and Orlando and always enjoyed it, so we decided to try the one here. I must say, I was very impressed. I mentioned on the online reservation form that we were celebrating Tommy's birthday. When we arrived, the hostess wished Tommy a happy birthday. Our table was decorated with confetti and a card signed by the restaurant staff. They took our picture, gave us a free dessert (that wasn't even chocolate), and paid for our valet parking! Maybe I'm easily impressed, but I've tried putting special instructions in online reservations before and Capital Grille is the only restaurant that has ever done anything. Our meal was delicious, too (proscuitto, mozzarella and tomato appetizer, steaks, potatoes au gratin, and creme brulee) - a very nice night out, right here in Stamford!

We spend most of the rest of weekend cleaning the house, running errands and getting ready for Mom, Dad, Katy, Ian and Evan to arrive at the end of this week. I baked Tommy his favorite cake (other than his Mom's amaretto cake) - yellow cake, no icing (strange, I know) and we spent Sunday evening playing his birthday present on the Xbox - Rock Band 2.
As a last piece of entertainment, we gave Max and Albert each a peanut butter "Lollipop" as a treat - basically a piece of rawhide with some peanut butter on one side. Being the brilliant dogs that they are, both dogs completely ignored the peanut butter end and started with the rawhide. They did eventually find the peanut butter - and thoroughly enjoyed every bite!
I'm so excited that my family is coming in town this week. I can't wait to visit Boston with everyone this weekend and spend the next week exploring Connecticut and New York with my parents. More posts to come soon!
2 comments:
Glad you managed to find a good restaurant so close to home and that Tommy had a good birthday celebration. The guys are funny with their peanut butter treats. Can't wait to see you - I have to go pack my bag. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment