Sunday, July 26, 2009

Catching Up...Again!

Time for me to apologize to all those that follow (or try to follow) our lives through my blog. Once again,I have fallen far behind in my blogging. The past month has actually been pretty busy around here. Since Katy left there's been the 4th of July, my birthday, a visit from Brandi, Ryan and Lincoln, more ultrasounds, and most recently WAY too much work (don't worry, I won't blog about that). Let's see, where do I start?

We decided not to brave the craziness of New York City to watch fireworks again this year. Instead, our night was much more low-key. Our friends, Stephanie and Doug had us over to their house for barbeque and we finally got the chance to meet their new son, Ethan who was born in April. Ethan was absolutely adorable and a very good baby. I've been around such good babies lately, I'm starting to think maybe I can do this parenting thing :) We had a nice quiet night with Stephanie, Doug, Wissam and Dorothee and even though I didn't get to see fireworks, it was still a great 4th of July!

I turned the big 3-1 the next week and, unfortunately Tommy was spending the week in Dallas (his first week at his new job), so he was not around for my birthday. The week before, however, he did get me a wonderful present. Being pregnant and tired all of the time lately, I was getting really discouraged that I wasn't keeping the house as clean as I would like. Thanks to Tommy, we now have maids come once every other week. It's amazing how much better I feel in a clean house. Don't I have a great husband?!

The night of my birthday, Mindy, one of my friends from work met me for dinner at Chocopologie, my favorite chocolate store in SoNo. The store is also a restaurant and I'd always wanted to try it. I had a croque monsieur - good, but not the best I've eaten. The desserts, however, were amazing!! Mindy and I split a crepe Suzette and the house specialty, the "Chocolate Love." The Chocolate Love was 4 different mini chocolate desserts; a mousse, a molten chocolate cake, a chocolate ganache between pieces of almond brittle, and chocolate ice cream. It looked as good as it tasted and I'm so upset with myself for not taking a picture. Here are a couple of pictures I was able to find online (sorry the dessert is so small):



I missed my hubby, but we had a great night - thanks, Mindy!

No comments: