Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

No fancy Valentine's Day dinner for us this year.  The 3 of us had our "fancy" dinner out at Chili's on Friday night.  On Sunday, Tommy made us some delicious cheese fondue and even made some yummy chocolate fondue just for me (complete with cheesecake, strawberries and pineapple) since he is allergic to chocolate.  He also picked up a bottle of the Melting Pot's delicious dressing for our salads.  If we closed our eyes (and blocked out the baby crying), we could've been at the Melting Pot :)  We had a wonderful day!  We even got a few photos of our littlest valentine:
Jack updates:
  • He started sleeping in his crib last weekend (as opposed to the pack 'n play in our room).  He's actually taken to it better than I expected.  The first night, he slept for a record 6 hours!  I guess Tommy and I and the 2 dogs are louder than we think when we sleep!  Since then, he's woken up at 3am a few times, but overall he's been pretty good at sleeping from about midnight to 6 or 7am.
  • He laughed!  Daddy still hasn't heard it and doubts me when I say I have, but he's done it more than once.  It melts my heart!
  • He loves his play mat.  He is completely fascinated by the butterfly that plays music.  The butterfly is activated by motion and he hasn't learned yet to swat it with his hands, but he'll shake the bar the butterfly is attached to with his feet and keep himself occupied for 15 or 20 minutes.
  • He is becoming quite the music lover.  His swing plays music and when he is fussy, the music will calm him down better than anything.  He seems to particularly enjoy piano music.
  • He starts daycare tomorrow.  I don't go back to work until next Monday, but I start bringing him to daycare for 3 hours a day for the rest of this week.  I even get to stay with him the whole time tomorrow.  Still, I'm completely dreading it.  I know that he will be fine, and probably even have fun socializing with the other babies, but I want to cry whenever I think about someone else spending 9 hours with him every day instead of me, getting to see his firsts, his smiles and hear his giggles.  It's a choice we've made, and I still believe its the best choice for our family, but that won't make the next few weeks any easier.  Wish us luck!
And the blog entry wouldn't be complete without a few extra pictures of Jack. We take too many, but he's so cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little guy! I miss him so much. I know that it will be hard taking him to the nursery, but any decision you make around work and baby is bound to be hard and involve compromises. Jack will be fine because he has two wonderful parents who love him and what's more, he will be a lot happier if his parents are happy, too. Keep those pictures coming. We were wondering in the last one if he was enjoying some computer time and a coke with his dad! I love you!! Mommie Dearest