Saturday, June 26, 2010

Welcome to Frisco, Texas!

After what seemed like FOREVER in the car, we made it to our new home in Frisco, Texas.  Lucky for us, so did the moving van with all of our stuff:
Just in case Tommy and I had forgotten how hot it could be in Texas, the Lone Star State had a wonderful surprise in store for us.  Yes, it is normally hot in Dallas in June - low to mid 90's is normal, but I think maybe there has been one day in the month since we arrived that the high temperature has been less than 97.  Yikes!  The weather back in CT is just about perfect this time of year - I just have to keep reminding myself of the winters I will be missing (or not missing!).

A few days after we arrived, Tommy unfortunately had to head to California to meet with one of his clients.  Jack and I had a few days by ourselves (although we did meet Kristin for dinner at Fireside Pies one night), but luckily for us, Grandma decided to stop by for a few days to see the new house and help us unpack.  The first night after she arrived, we headed to Taco Diner for dinner.  Mom and I split orders of fish and brisket tacos and each got a very large sangria.  Our wonderful evening couldn't even be ruined by Jack deciding at the end of the nightthat Mommy's shirt made an excellent bathroom.  Ha!  Here I am with the little stinker at Taco Diner:
Mom arrived Wednesday afternoon and headed back to Boerne on Friday afternoon.  We didn't get as much unpacking done as we thought we might, but we had a great time hanging out.  Mom was nice enough to watch Jack so I could have lunch with my new client and to make me a delicious spaghetti dinner.  On Thursday night, we gave Jack a bath in his ducky bathtub:
And one last picture of Grandma with her adorable Grandson:
Thanks so much, Mom, for coming to visit!  You made a week that otherwise would have been really long go by so much faster.  I can't wait until you and Dad come visit again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed the short visit. It was fun to see your beautiful new home in person. I got the impression that Frisco will be a very good place for all of you. There is so much to do - what a great area! I know you will miss things about the Northeast but I hope that Texas sort of seems like home. One of the great things is that hopefully you will get frequent visits from family! :-) Love, Mommie Dearest