Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Livi's First Halloween

October 2012
 
Finally, after weeks of build-up, the big day arrived.  I tend to build up holidays and important occasions in my mind much more than necessary.  I was looking forward to trick-or-treating at least as much as Jack, and definitely more than Livi.
 
Halloween was on a Wednesday this year, which meant that I went to work - all the way in Downtown Dallas.  I left Downtown before 4:30, which should have been way more than enough time to make it home to trick-or-treatig.  Or not.  Despite my best efforts to leave early, I failed to account for exactly how many people were also trying to make it home.  From the moment I got on the freeway, we alternated from dead stopped to crawling at a snail's pace - certainly nothing over 20 miles per hour.  I had my moments of near panic, close to tears in the car imagining sitting helplessly there while I missed my baby's first trick-or-treat.  That very nearly happened.  Nearly 2 hours later, I did finally made it home.  Tommy had the kids dressed up and ready to go, so we plopped Livi in her stroller and headed quickly out.  Jack was a lucky guy this year.  Obviously, Livi can't eat candy yet, but no one with a bowl of candy can resist superwoman in a tutu at their door, so big brother ended up with double candy!  He made sure that no one skipped putting a piece of candy in his little sister's pumpkin!  Here they are at the beginning of our adventure:
When we came back, I had to get a few more pictures of the super duo.  Once again, I can't decide which one of Livi is my favorite, so I included them all.  I love how her smile keeps getting bigger and bigger...
 Only one of Spiderman, but isn't he cute?!?
And one last picture of the two of them for good measure.  Happy Halloween everyone!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right - all the pictures are adorable! You couldn't have left any of them out. I think I like the first and last ones of the series of Livi the best. Probably won't be the last time Jack makes a haul on the candy. Watch those cavities, Jack!! Love, Mommie Dearest
P. S. Who says the holidays have to be just for the kids?