Thursday, October 3, 2013

In the Cold of Winter...

January 2013
 
The first few months of any year are normally been a pretty quiet around the Mhire household.  2013 was no different.  I was buried deep in the middle of another busy season, wondering if it was really worth it, and Tommy was admirably trying to keep the house and the rest of our lives afloat.
 
On February first, Livi had officially been alive for 75% of a year.  She wasn't quite walking yet, but she was getting really close.  Her favorite new tricks were clapping, waving and pointing - super cute!  She was coming down with something on the day of her 9 month doctor's appointment and I think she ended up staying home from school the next day with a fever.  Other than that, and a bad case of exzema on her cheeks, she chekced out perfectly.  Her stats had fallen off in percentage a little, but looking at the rest of the Mhire's, its pretty clear she probably isn't ever going to be the biggest one in her class.
 
Height: 27.5 inches - 50th percentile
Weight: 17 pounds, 12 ounces - 30th percentile
Head: 16.75 inches - 15th percentile.
 
Here's our little Lulu on her 9 month birthday - still not much hair!
Our big boy continued to take swimming lessons, this time from Miss Jen in Extreme Waterbabies.  He continued to improve - his big achievement was earning his jump-turn-swim ribbon for jumpng off the side, turning around under water and swimmng to the side.  Way to go Jack!  I took this picture after his last lesson of the session.  He's holding the water bottle he got, but I couldn't get him to hold up his ribbon:
I did manage to get a few hours away from work on the weekend every once in a while to take a family outing to the park.  Jack liked to ride his bike or scooter and Livi loved to go for a ride:
I love this picture of her enjoying the swings:
Sometimes, they both rode in the wagon: 
 
I didn't get to see too many bathtimes during busy season, but Tommy took lots of pics to share with me.  They both really love their bathtime! 
Bubble beard!! 
All smiles on the changing table after bath: 
Jack recently discovered the iPad.  He hadn't found video games yet, but he loved to watch cartoons on Netflix.  He knows how to type in the password and find the right app.  He even managed add Netflix to the favorites bar at the bottom.  Future tech genius like his Daddy, but sometimes it can be awfully tiring to be so smart...

No comments: