June 2013
A lot can change in nine years. Nine years ago, we were living in Houston, in the apartment in which Tommy proposed to me the day before we moved in. Jack and Olivia were distant glimmers in our future, so was Albert, and even Max wouldn't even join our family for another couple of months. In the time that has followed, we've become quite the team. We support each other in the big decisions; our moves to Dallas for Tommy's job, to Connecticut for mine, and several other jobs before, after and in between. We support each other in so many little ways that make our lives work every day; from who picks up the kids and takes them to school, stays home with a sick one, does the laundry (me), or cooks dinner (Tommy). As I re-read this, it sounds a little silly, but it makes all the difference in the world. It really is amazing to know that from the huge decisions down to the most mundane, through the tough times and the joyous ones, I'll have someone by my side to support me, laugh with me and of course, to love. I can't wait to see what life has in store for us in the next 9 years and far, far beyond!
So I had great plans for our anniversary weekend. I'd researched restaurants and found a new, much-accoladed restaurant in the heart of the trendy Design District in Dallas. Nana and Papa had even agreed to babysit. I booked the reservation weeks in advance and was really looking forward to it - until I happened to look at the reservation a few days before the big date, and realized that I made the reservation for the wrong week. Yikes! Fortunately, it just happened that my parents were going to be in town the following weekend, so we got to celebrate twice!
The night we were originally supposed to celebrate, we revised our plans and started with a few car test drives. We had decided that I needed a new car, and that day marked the beginning of our search. Stay tuned to find out what we picked...many months later. We followed car shopping with some golf at Top Golf and then the new Superman movie. Not quite the super-fancy dinner I had planned, but we had a great night!
The next weekend, we finally got to dress up in our fancy clothes and head to our dinner date at FT 33. We clean up pretty well, I think (and it looks like I got a (much needed) haircut sometime that week!)Someone else wanted his picture taken before we left, too:
While we were at the restaurant, I took lots of photos of our delicious food and drinks - it really was wonderful - and of us as we dined. Unfortunately, they were also lost in the Great Three Year Old Phone Wipeout. Oh well. I really don't remember the details of our menu that night, except that we started with the charcuterie board and everything we ate was amazing. I'll close with a photo of the sign outside the restaurant that I stole from someone else's photos. I took a similar one, I promise:
Happy anniversary, Tommy. I love you!!




1 comment:
I am so happy for you and for your sister that you both found someone wonderful to spend your lives with. Enjoy the journey and NEVER take each other for granted. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment