It's time for that post again - the one where I step back and appreciate all the little things that happen in our lives - those things that we take for granted unless we .pause to consider how really special they are.
Many Saturdays were spent at birthday parties - so many fun activities with friends. For Jordan's birthday, we watched the Boxtrolls at the movie theater. Here are Jack and his buddy Emma:
I think this party was the second one of the day. This is Olivia on party overload - she kind of looks like someone you might find on Bourbon Street at 3am after Mardi Gras. Ha!
Tag started at Kids R Kids at the beginning of the school year and he and Jack became fast friends. He had a Ninja Turtle party at a local park - I told you they were kindred spirits! His parents were so creative. They made this mutagen tank for the kids to "fish" in. His dad was in the box putting prizes on close pins at the end of the fishing lines. So cute!
They threw balls into these buckets to win prizes.
Jayden had a super hero birthday, I misread the invitation, so we showed up half an hour late for this one. Jack didn't like being late, so he decided to whine and pout for most of this one. Oh well. :(
Finally, a birthday party where Olivia was the main one on the invitation. Sophia, the sister of one of Jack's soccer friends turned one and celebrated at the Little Gym. Jack tagged along to keep Tristan company:
Random cuteness on a horse sculpture outside of Gloria's after dinner one night:
Miss Olivia's haircuts come complete with a mini manicure. This was her first one. She got to pick the color (pink, of course) and thought she was pretty cool!
I could never get Jack to eat my favorite breakfast, toast with chocolate sprinkles. Olivia, on the other hand, is a little dutch girl at heart:
Either that, or a yoga master. Here she is perfecting her downward dog while watching the I-pad:
Kids R Kids started sending us daily reports online. Sometimes, they include pictures. It is fun to get a glimpse into what they do at school all day. In APK (Advanced Pre-Kindergarten), they are following a kindergarten curriculum, so hopefully Jack will be more than ready when he starts in the fall. Here he is practicing his writing:
And a little math:
Presenting his show-and-tell on Friday:
Each kid in his class was given the project of disguising a turkey so he wouldn't get eaten for Thanksgiving dinner. Dad helped draw the Ninja Turtle clothes, but the coloring was all done by Jack. It was so fun to see how each kid had chosen to disguise their turkeys - there were princesses, minions, superheroes and many more. I love how Jack's turned out!
While Jack learned his letters and numbers, Livi was having fun of her own. Playing with shaving cream:
Doing artwork:
And having all kinds of fun on the playground:
One of my favorite parts of the weekend are the rare times when we get the chance to cuddle in bed in the morning. Here's Miss Livi hanging out with Mom and Dad:
And one of my favorite pictures, Father/son morning cuddle time. Does it get any cuter?!?
We got our last fall pictures taken at Kids R Kids. I know I say this every time, but I think these are the cutest ones yet. That big, open-mouthed smile expresses Livi's personality so perfectly, and I don't know how they are able to get such a natural smile out of Jack. The "tooting Elmo" that they wave in front of them as they are taking the pictures is always hilarious!






1 comment:
So good to include some of the things that are not "big" but nonetheless special. Cute pictures, I agree. We should all spend more time appreciating every single day of our lives. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment