Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Rare Texas Snow Day

February 2015

Well, I've managed to fall almost a year behind in my blogging. I'm really trying, but as you will (hopefully) find out, it has been quite the busy year. As I write this, it is late January 2016 and today was a balmy 75 degrees outside. I can't imagine that we have any days like this day from last February coming up, but anything is possible, especially in this crazy Texas weather!

I headed to work in the morning and not a snowflake had fallen. Midway through the morning, snow had started to fall and the roads had started to ice, leaving cars scattered along the roads of Dallas like this:
Everyone left work early and drove very carefully home. I stopped to get the kids at daycare and headed back to our house for a SNOW DAY!! The kids were so excited to get to play in the snow!
Daddy taught everyone how to make snowballs and we had a family snowball fight in the front yard:
 
Jack was really excited to make a snow angel - we always hear about these things, but we so rarely get to actually do them in Texas!
There was even enough snow to make a snowman - complete with a carrot nose and Brussels sprout eyes!
After a cold day outside, Daddy made a nice pot of gumbo for dinner. Our kids may be pretty picky eaters, but they love gumbo - I think they could eat their weight in sausage. Yum!!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you made the most of the snow! Love, Mommie Dearest