Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Visitors Keep Coming!

Tommy headed off to Maine early this morning to help the Clarks construct their cabin. I'm sad I can't join them - I think it is going to be lots of hard work, but also a lot of fun - it always is when you're with the Clark family! Unfortunately, with Tommy's Mom and Robert coming in next week, and my parents the following, I really couldn't afford to take a full week away from work. If you're interested, you can follow Tommy's adventures on the blog Greg's parents are keeping, "Extreme Cabin Makeover."

Greg and Erin flew in on Friday evening. I was so glad they were able to stay a few days with us in Connecticut before heading off to Maine. We ate at the Thai restaurant we like in Darien, Little Thai Kitchen, came home and played video games on the projector for a few minutes and then were off to bed - I guess we are getting old!

After a trip to the bagel shop and Target, we headed into NYC for the day. It was an absolutely gorgeous day - about 70 and not a cloud in the sky! We took a stroll down 5th Avenue and through Central Park to the Met. Greg and Erin wanted to see a Jeff Koons sculpture exhibit on the roof. Not too many pieces, but they were really fun:



We grabbed a snack and wandered through Central Park and window-shopped some more before our dinner reservation at 8. We ate at Basso 56, a tiny Italian restaurant near Broadway and 56th. The food and wine were delicious - another great recommendation from Turner!

So I'm by myself until next Sunday. No big plans other than Girls' night on Friday with Mindy, so give me a call or drop me a line. I'll be looking forward to seeing how the cabin construction goes this week in Maine. Wish them all luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounded like a fun time in NYC to me. I know that you both are so glad to see Greg. Dad and I can't wait for our turn in "the city." Take care and give me a call if you get lonesome. Love, Mommie Dearest