Sunday, July 4, 2010

7 Months

Well, he's still got a few weeks left until he's 8 months old, so I guess I'm not too late yet.  A few weeks ago, I was thinking that I wouldn't really have any big  milestones to document this month.  That all changed this week!  Maybe its being around kids that are a few months older than him at daycare everyday, but it seems like he's developed so much so quickly.  Here are some of the big milestones that he's hit since my 6 month post:
  • He's eating all kinds of fruits and veggies.  We started with the orange veggies - carrots, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash.  He loved those, so we moved on to the green veggies - green beans and peas.  Apparently, Jack is very much like his Dad, green veggies are not his favorite.  The first few times he ate them, he would make a horrible face, scream a high pitched scream and try to take the food out of his mouth with his hands.  Just recently, he's decided that the green veggies may not be so bad, but they were definitely a struggle at first.  Just a couple of weeks ago, we finally moved on to fruits - avocado, apple and banana so far.  All of those have been yummy!
  • Last weekend, we bought him his first puffs.  For those who aren't familiar, puffs are kind of like Cheerios, but made especially for babies learning to eat, they dissolve really quickly in their mouth.  Their texture was very suprising the first time he put one in his mouth, but he's gotten to like them pretty well.  He's even learned to feed them to himself - if they don't get to sticky and get stuck to the palm of his hand!
  • He's crawling!  Last Saturday was the first time he put it all together and made his first moves across the floor.  That day, it took him probably 10 minutes to crawl about 5 feet, but its amazing how fast he's progressed since then.  He's not too speedy yet, but he can crawl across a room to get something he wants, alternating between army crawling with his belly on the floor, and regular crawling.  I guess I'd better start the babyproofing ASAP!  Here, I tried to upload my first video of Jack crawling on Monday evening.  Hopefully it works!
  • Yesterday, I walked into Jack's room to find him standing up in his crib for the first time.  I shouldn't have been surprised given how much he's always liked to stand, but it kind of took me off guard.  You can bet the next thing we did was to lower his crib mattress to its lowest position.  Yikes!
  • He has his first tooth!  FINALLY!  The lower left front tooth!  We have been saying for months now that he must be teething - he's been drooly, fussy and rubbing his face.  I'd often use it as an excuse when he would wake up in the middle of the night, but funny enough, last night he didn't wake up at all! :)
We didn't have a pediatrician appointment this month, but with our extraordinarily accurate bathroom scale, we've determined that he weighs about 19 pounds - he's almost 3 times what he weighed at birth - can you believe that?!

This month, I did manage to get a picture of Jack at a date fairly close to his 7 month birthday:
And here is at 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 month and 3 days old:

He's growing so fast!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed all your news. I didn't know about the tooth or his pulling up in his crib! He is growing up. The little video is so cute - mean old mommy pulling the toy away after he gets it the first time. He looks like he is looking for someone to say "Look what she did!" He is changing in looks, too. Fun. Love, Mommie Dearest