On the 4th of July weekend, we were so glad that Jeff and his fiance Sarah were able to drive up from Houston to visit. Tommy and Jeff have been friends since middle school and Jeff and I got to be really close friends when he lived a few apartments down from me during college. He's one of a select group of friends to earn the honorary "uncle" title to Jack. He recently got engaged to Sarah and we couldn't be more thrilled. Sarah is great! They make a wonderful couple and seem genuinely happy together and in love. Congrats, guys!
Anyway, I digress. Jeff and Sarah arrived on Friday night. Tommy and I made some appetizers and sangria for everyone to munch on when they arrived. As it turns out, we are terrible hosts. We had made both mushrooms stuffed with sausage and bacon bites, forgetting that Sarah doesn't eat pork. Oops! She did say she really enjoyed the sangria and queso :)
Late Saturday morning, we met Austin at the Original Pancake House for breakfast. We spent a lazy afternoon at home hanging out, watching some World Cup on TV, and playing a little Rock Band. Tommy's mom arrived late in the afternoon. After spending a few days in Ft. Worth with Brandi, Ryan and Lincoln, she came to Frisco to visit and watch Jack for the night. Tommy, Jeff, Sarah and I headed down to our old stomping grounds and met Austin and Greg at a new restaurant, Victor Tangos for dinner. We were all very impressed. The drinks were interesting and delicious. The food was served family style and we liked pretty much every dish, from the ahi tuna nachos, to the chicken and waffles. Here we all are at dinner:
After dinner, we headed to Barcadia, a bar with lots of old time arcade games and other games. Tommy and Jeff spent much of the night competing on the giant Connect 4 board (literally as tall as me!). I left early got home around 11. At the time, I felt like kind of a party pooper, but I felt pretty smart the next morning when all those who had been out until 3am were really struggling! Here's a picture of Uncle Jeff and Sarah with Jack:
Thanks so much for coming to visit, Jeff and Sarah! It was wonderful to see you and we hope you'll come again very soon. Hopefully, we'll make it down to Houston soon, too!
1 comment:
I agree - Jeff and Sarah make a great couple. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment