November 2012
On November 16, 2012, my little boy turned three years old. I know I will look back on these pictures and think how little he is, but every time my baby boy hits a milestone, it seems to me like he is such a big boy. I'm so excited to watch him grow up, but I know the bedtime cuddles and big bear hugs won't last forever, so I'm trying so hard to cherish each and every cuddle, hug, and "I love you, Mommy."
Jack's birthday was on a Friday, so Grandma, Grandpa, Poppy and Gigi came into town that afternoon and help stressed out Mommy plan for the big party on Saturday. Here's the big boy on the day of his birthday - so proud of his cake!
Jack's big present this year was a play set for the backyard - truly a labor of love for his Daddy. It arrived at the house as lots of pieces of wood, plastic and nuts and bolts. Tommy started putting it together about a week before the big day and worked hard to ensure that everything was straight, tight and safe.On the day of Jack's birthday, Tommy got some much appreciated assistance when his Dad came into town for the birthday celebration. Here are the two builders next to their masterpiece - "Fort Mhire" as they liked to call it:
They finished just before Jack arrived home from daycare, as the sun was just starting to set. I love his face the first time he sees his present!
He could've stayed outside all night and played on his new fort. He even asked if he could sleep in it!
I love these next couple of photos. He insisted on going out to play after we finished dinner and was fascinated by the "telescope" at the top of the stairs. I think we have a future stargazer here!This super fun day was just the beginning of the birthday celebrations. Stay tuned for a Saturday superhero celebration!


1 comment:
Both kids will really enjoy this for a long, long time. Some good father/son bonding occurred assembling it. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment