Wednesday, November 20, 2013

An Easter Wedding Celebration

April 2013
 
We've finally reached Easter weekend.  Once again, I found myself a little sad that Tommy and I would not be spending another holiday with our babies.  I know we had already celebrated more than enough, but it always makes me sad to not be together on the actual holiday.  Tommy and I were headed to Houston to celebrate the wedding of a very dear high school friend and we knew the kiddos were in good hands with Nana and Papa.  Still, we had to have one last Easter egg hunt at our house before we headed south.  We hid our eggs all around the playroon upstairs and both kids had a great time finding them:
After that, we headed to Houston.  We met up with a group of friends for lunch before the wedding.  We even saw a few people we hadn't seen in at least 15 years - some even since we graduated from high school.  So fun!
 
We checked in to our hotel, the Hotel Zaza in the museum district, relaxed, changed, and headed to the wedding.  Samir and Jen picked a beautiful place, the Parador, for both the wedding and ceremony.  Our friends Scott and Cynthia had their wedding in the same place a few years earlier, so it was fun to see how each couple had made the location their own.  The ceremony was perfectly them - Star Trek theme songs for the processional and recessional and a reading from Tolkein, read by the officiant, Jen's dad. It was obvious to everyone there how much these two love and truly enjoy each other.  We were so happy to be able to share their special day with them!
The happy couple and their parents:
Samir and his groomsmen - Scott, Ik, and Adam - all great guys that I've had the pleasure of knowing since high school.  So great to see that they are all still such great friends:
We had some delicious Indian food and a fun group at our table for dinner.  Of course, Tommy and I:
Sarah and Jeff:
Esther and Greg:
Mairi and Mike:
Unexpectedly, I ran into Seema, my sister's best friend from high school who now lives in New York.  She shared with me her super exciting secret that she and her husband were expecting their first baby and I managed to keep her big news from my little sis until Seema could tell her herself.  Congrats Seema and Tim!
We headed back to Dallas bright and early on  Sunday morning, so it was a flying trip.  It would have been great to spend a little longer catching up with everyone, but we were so glad we were able to make it to celebrate with some of our oldest and dearest friends.  Congratulations Samir and Jen - we're so happy for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's no friends like old friends. Glad you could help Samir celebrate. Love, Mommie Dearest