Saturday, November 30, 2013

We Love Visitors!

April 2013

We always love having visitors at the Mhire household.  In April, we were fortunate enough to have visits from family on two different weekends.  First, my cousin Sarah stopped through on her way home to Louisiana from work in Kansas.  It was a quick visit - she arrived on Friday after work, and left early Saturday afternoon, but we crammed lots of fun into those few hours!

Here I am with my sweet cousin and amazingly sweet (at that moment) kiddos.
We checked out Jack's soccer game on Saturday morning and followed that up with a delicious Mexican food lunch.  Unfortunately, Sarah had to get back on the road to Louisiana after lunch.  We so wish she could have stayed longer, but are thankful for the time we got to spent together - it doesn't happen nearly often enough!
 
 The next weekend, we were so excited to be joined by my Grandma Dot, Aunt Karen and her husband Wyatt.  It really doesn't matter how old you get, it is still really exciting to get a visit from your Grandma - her first time to visit our house in Frisco.  We picked up Jack and Olivia after school on Friday and had some fun playing in the backyard.  Great Grandma pushed Jack on the swings:
 And Mommy made sure Olivia wasn't feeling left out:
 Yes, Jack is still small enough to fit though the doggy door:
Livi has always loved eat, and its especially fun to watch her eat spaghetti:
 Great Grandma got some Livi cuddles in the morning:
 Before we headed off to another soccer game:
 
 After the soccer game, we headed over to the spring carnival at Kids 'R Kids.  We all enjoyed snow cones, and Jack made a colored sand sculpture, played in the bounce house, petted the animals in the petting zoo, and had fun with bubbles:
We took an afternoon outing to the neighborhood playground, where Jack told anyone who would listen about his "friend Wyatt."  That evening, we all headed to dinner at Babe's for some good old Texas fried chicken.  Olivia kept everyone entertained with her dancing and everyone had a great time.  They had to leave the next morning, so it was unfortunately another quick trip, but I was so happy to be able to share my home a few days of our lives with my Grandma and Aunt.  I wish I had a few pictures of Aunt Karen and Wyatt, but I promise they were there.  I hope they know how much their visit meant to me.  Love you guys!! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We give the Mhire Inn 5 stars! I am sure that everyone had a great time. You sure got some good pictures. Love, Mommie Dearest