Fall 2013
I'm sure I will have my fill of kids birthday parties, but this year is the first year that Jack's friends at school have started to invite their classmates to their birthday parties and I've kind of enjoyed them. As a working mom, I don't have the opportunity to take the kids on many playdates, so I really don't get to meet the parents of Jack's friends or get to know the kiddos he plays with as much as I would like, and these parties have been a nice way for me to get to do that.
If you're a boy, and you're turning 4 in Frisco Texas, the cool thing to do seems to be bounce houses - and if you want to bounce, you can either go to Pump It Up, or Jump Zone. In the fall before Jack's birthday, we had four different birthday parties at one of those locations for Jack's friends Harrison, Brayden, Jordan and Dylan. I took pictures at all of them. Unfortunately, only the last 2 survived the phone wipe out, but the pictures from any of those parties look basically the same, anyway :). The last 2 parties were for Jordan and Dylan, both at Jump Zone. I preferred Pump It Up because each party has a bounce house room to itself, rather than mixing 10-year-olds and 4-year-olds on the same bounce houses. Jack and his friends loved all the video games and air hockey at Jump Zone, though. Here are Jack, Jordan and Rohan trying their hands at air hockey:
And a few video games:
And here are a couple of views of the bounce houses:
After bouncing, the kids head into a party room for cake, snacks and presents. Here's Jack at Jordan's birthday party, complete with Sponge Bob birthday hat:
With the birthday boy and his other buddy Truman. Jordan was nice enough to share the birthday boy chair of honor:And in the same chair at Dylan's party. Somehow, Jack always made his way into the birthday chair with the birthday boy. He certainly isn't a shy one:
No pictures of Pump It Up in these pictures, but stay tuned for Jack's birthday in November!!


1 comment:
I always found it interesting who you and your sister picked as friends. Some of your kids friends you will like and some you won't. It is really fun to see your kids start having a social life. That's the way they learn about people. Hopefully they will always have at least one good friend who has their back. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment