Saturday, March 29, 2014

Miss Wazowski and Leo

October 2013

As has become the norm with so many holidays (for better or worse), the actual celebration of Halloween began well before the actual day.  A couple of weeks before, we had our neighborhood Fall Festival. Tommy was at an autocross race that day, so the kids and I headed over to the neighborhood park in the wagon.  Here are Leonardo the Ninja Turtle and Miss Mike Wazowski on their way to the fun: 
They had all kinds of fun activities - an inflatable slide, bounce house, petting zoo, pumpkin decorating, a balloon artist and a costume parade.  I didn't manage to get to many pictures while chasing the kids around, but I was able to snap a couple:
Here's Miss Mike Wazowski with her balloon animal right before it dropped on the ground and popped:
And here's Leonardo.  He was having nothing to do with the mask, but I can't say that I blame him. Actually, I don't think he kept the costume on much after I took this picture - much easier to play that way - so he walked costume-less in the costume parade.  Needless to say, he didn't win best costume :)
The following weekend was the Kids R Kids Halloween party.  This was the first time they got to carry their pumpkins, so they were very excited (don't as my why Livi has a toy ketchup bottle in her hand):
Each room in the school had a different game or activity.  There were crafts, bounce houses (of course - apparently all parties need a bounce house), a bubble room, cupcake walk and others I know I'm forgetting. Jack's favorite was pumpkin bowling - we spent lots of time in this room:
We saw quite a few of Jack's friends.  He spent lots of time running around with his good friend Emilina (aka Tinkerbell):
Stay tuned for pumpkin carving and trick-or-treating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halloween does go on and on. It used to be my favorite holiday after Christmas. Love, Mommie Dearest