The coming of fall meant the start of another soccer season for Jack - his third season with the Sidekicks. This season, we added a couple of new players, Hudson and Cade, and added a new assistant coach - Coach Mommy!! Yes, I agreed to help Coach Lynsey out this season as assistant coach of the Sidekicks. I really loved coaching the boys, but I'll admit to being a little scared that the parents won't feel that I'm doing enough to help their kids learn. Also, do you know how hard it is to get 8 4-year-olds to pay attention at practice? There is definitely a skill to coaching that goes beyond just a love of the game. Some days I thought I had it, and some days I felt completely clueless.
Jack loved the fact that his mommy was coaching, but I think it was also a bit of a distraction. Most practices, he didn't want to be more than a few feet from me, and I found that he whined and complained much more than I had seen in past seasons. This season was also a bit of a step back from the aggressiveness he'd been gaining in the past couple of seasons, but Jack really started to develop some pretty good dribbling skills. He's not the fastest, but that ball sticks to his foot like glue. I think we only managed to bring the camera to one game, but Tommy got a few nice shots. Here are a few of my little dribbler
Cade - soccer comes very naturally to this little guy. He was a great addition to the team!
Hudson - love the tongue in this one. He has a goofiness about him that is just contagious:
Carver - star defender in the making!Sadly, we don't have any action shots of anyone else, but here's a picture of everyone with their trophies after the last game:
Yay Sidekicks!!
Jack is always so proud of his trophy:
The professional team photo turned out pretty well, too. Front row: Carver, Jayden, Tristan, Cade, Hudson, Jack. Back Row: Coach Lynsey, Cole, Aiden, Coach Audra.
Last but not least, a cute picture of my favorite little Sidekick!


1 comment:
I'm so glad that you have the time to be a coach for Jack's team. If the other parents aren't happy then you can suggest that they turn out to help! :-) I know that it means a lot to Jack to have his mommy participate and communicate your love of the game to him. (even if you are a distraction sometimes!!) Keep up the good work, Coach Audra! The important thing to remember is that if the kids have fun then everyone is a winner! Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment