As I mentioned in my last post, Tommy had to spend two weeks in Seattle for Microsoft new employee training, so Jack and I were on our own. After the first week of being a single working mom with a sick baby (and gaining an enormous respect for all the those single moms out there), I was definitely ready for some help. Luckily, Grandma and Grandpa drove in from Boerne to save the day!
They arrived on Friday in the afternoon. Jack and I had spent the day at home because, as I mentioned previously, I had to pick him up on Thursday with a fever and the babies aren't allowed to return to daycare until they have been fever-free for 24 hours. Luckily for Grandma and Grandpa, he was feeling fine again. For dinner, my dad grilled some yummy pork chops and my mom made my favorite twice baked potatoes. It was wonderful to have a nice dinner for a change!
On Saturday, we had a relaxing morning at home with migas for breakfast, then headed to the Frisco Farmer's Market. Yes, we were probably a little late, but we were not very impressed with the selection. We did end up buying some peaches, blueberries and a canteloupe, so it wasn't a total loss.
After heading home for a baby nap, we set out on a birthday shopping trip - for me! We found a couple of great buys and the Banana Republic sale and of course, a few cute things for Jack at Baby Gap, but didn't find "the present." On Saturday night, we had a great dinner at Mattito's with my mom's cousin Terrie and her husband Boyd. Here are a couple of photos - the first is Jack with Terrie, followed by Jack with Dad at the restaurant. You'll notice that there are no photos of Mom or I from the weekend - guess who took all the pictures?! Boo!
After dinner, we headed back to our house for Mom's homemade cherry chocolate cake and Dad's homemade ice cream complete with candles and singing. It was great!
Unfortunately, my mom ate something on Saturday night that didn't agree with her and spent most of Sunday morning either in bed or in the bathroom. After some blueberry pancakes, Dad, Jack and I headed to the pool. Grandpa and Jack had a great time paddling around the pool. Even when Grandpa dunked him, he still seemed to prefer paddling around with him to sitting in his floatie. We may have a swimmer on our hands!
After our outing to the pool, Mom was feeling better and we ventured out shopping again. We spent a lot of time at Bed Bath and Beyond looking at bedspreads. We didn't end up buying anything, but I think I have a much better idea of what I want now. Finally, we stopped by Toys R Us and bicked up a teether and walking toy for Jack. Here he is studying his new toy. When he's on the carpet, he really likes to stand up and push it around, too.
Dad grilled some salmon for dinner. All of the good food made me realize that Tommy and I really do need to eat better, so we have signed up for e-mealz.com. The website provides a menu and grocery list for 5 meals for 2 each week. We started this week and it was wonderful to come home each night knowing that we would have a good, easy meal and we wouldn't have to worry about what we were eating. Thanks so much, Dad for the suggestion!
I had an early work meeting on Monday morning, so Grandma and Grandpa hung around the house for a little while, took Jack to daycare, and headed back to Boerne. They were such a big help, I can't thank them enough for coming to take care of Jack and I for a few days while Tommy was out of town. I'm so glad we're back in Texas and only a few hours away!
1 comment:
We really enjoyed the visit. Sorry that I had to be sick and a party pooper for part of it. Strangely enough, I even had brought my swimming suit along and I haven't had it on in ages! Maybe next time. . . Dad and I are really glad that you and Tommy are eating better as I think family dinners will start to be important as Jack gets older. Easy is the key word here. Seems like a good web site for you. Jack is such a cutie. It is fun to see him growing and learning. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment